Friday, March 28, 2008

Timelapse Clouds on Mt Buko




This is a small timelapse movie I made this morning. I used some hacked firmware on my Canon A650IS, which allowed me to run simple script that takes a photo every 2 seconds until I press a button on the camera to stop it.

I then used a program called Slide Show Movie Maker to take the individual images and put them together into an AVI movie.

I then used VirtualDub to clean things up a bit - tweak the contrast, etc.

uploaded to google video - sadly the compression they use makes it a bit chunky. the original version is bigger and much smoother. still, better than nothing!

and there you go. about 2 hours compressed into 2 minutes...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I guessed about 2 hours - from just after dawn till maybe 9am?

Hey - you're supposed to be practicing the flute!!

ab

11:34 pm, March 28, 2008  
Blogger ben said...

it doesnt take long. the camera just sits there and shoots away all by itself. putting the movie together took 20 minutes. and i need things to break up my practice otherwise my hand gets painful. (obligatory lame excuse)

8:57 am, March 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home