Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sunset, Moonrise, Sunrise

This is where I watch the sunset from, most days. When I first arrived, this field was full of tall grass and other plants, well over my head. At the end of summer, a local farmer comes out in his tractor and mows it. by the end of next summer, it will be over my head again. Its a lovely spot, and there is a regular bunch of people who always seem to be around just on sunset. I think we all belong to Sunset Club.

I've been neglecting the blog a little - not for lack of things to write and photos to show, but the opposite. So much stuff the weight of it is overwhelming. So I took a bit of a break.

Tomorrow I'm teaching a bunch of high school kids some basic shakuhachi along with one of Kakizakai's other students. Saturday and Im off into the mountains of Nagano to see Tom Deaver again, the flutemaker who made my long flute. From there on to Kyoto, to really soak up some Autumn colour and revisit a few favourite places. :)

The photo below is actually sunrise, very near my house one misty morning last week. More to come soon. I promise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home