Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Warm in the arms of the Autumn Sun


The rain stopped and the sun finally came out, and the weather has just been stunning. Blue sky, warm but not hot, still. The whole place feels happy. Sounds of kids playing and people gardening. Awesome mountain sunsets with layers of mountains...


Today's lesson was a good one. I finally managed to play Daha half decently. I got the "your understanding of this piece is very good..." comment from Kakizakai that indicates his satisfaction, and feeling that its time to start a new piece.

I'll keep playing it every day as part of my practice - its a wonderful piece, and one I'd like to keep in my able-to-play-on-demand repertoire. As Kakizakai says, my understanding is good, but the piece needs polish. So I'll keep playing it, and over time hopefully it will become as smooth and lovely to touch as an old river stone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home