Wednesday, December 07, 2005

3 Months is a Short/Long/Indeterminate Time

The last week has gone past quickly, despite being jam packed. On the weekend, there was the chichibu night festival, which I am still digesting. Since then has been a revisit to Temple 32, a trip into Tokyo to see Kabuki, a last spin on the Love Bike, and my last two shakuhachi lessons with Kakizakai-sensei. The last one was squeezed in at 9am this morning, before being dropped at the station to catch a train to catch a train to catch a plane.

So, now I am sitting in an internet cafe in the airport, waiting for my flight. Somehow, by smiling a lot, I managed to get 27kg of baggage checked in, and then, with even more smiling, about 20kg of hand luggage. Thanks to three very lovely China Airlines check in staff, who seemed to like me a lot, and so pretended that they didnt try and pick up my hand luggage. VERY very lucky.

So goes the journey home. So far, excellent. I plan to avoid watching silly movies on a teeny screen too close to my eyes, and instead play games on a teeny screen - I bought Nick a Playstation Portable and some games which it is my duty to test to make sure it works before giving it to him. I also have my laptop, and will begin the task of organising and weeding my photographs, of which there are many. Show and Tell when I am back and settled.

I will continue to update this blog with the many stories that I havent yet got around to telling - the rest of my big trip, and the chichibu festival in paticular will take a couple of entries each to tell.

So 3 months in Japan should provide me with enough stories and pictures to cover the time from now until the next 3 months in Japan, hopefully next year...

its been a h00t!

:)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but..but...is the love bike part of the hand luggage or was *he* left behind? ;-D

11:26 am, December 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben, looks like some wonderful experiences. thank you for sharing

5:31 am, December 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home